NOTE: the product described in this section is no longer generally available, but can be
made available on an as-is, exception basis for customers still supporting a legacy OS/2
install base. Please contact
Golden Code Development.
Promotional materials referencing this product may contain out-of-date information.
Problems may be reported by sending an e-mail to
email@example.com with the subject "J2SE 1.4.1 Problem
Report". The report should include at minimum the following
- Your name and organization, as registered
- Your license serial number (run
-Xlicenseverify to obtain this number)
- Your return e-mail address, if different than the sending
- A full description of the problem
- A description of your computing environment; for example:
- OS/2 version
- WorkSpace On-Demand?
- Languages and code pages in use
- Video drivers and versions, if problem seems video
- Network topology and hardware/software in use, if
- A small test case which recreates the problem, if possible.
hs_err_pid*.log file which accompanies the
error, if any
Golden Code Development provides a license to use its J2SE 1.4.1 software
for OS/2 at a price which is kept low because it does not include the cost
of support. We cannot and do not guarantee that problems reported without
a paid support contract in place will be resolved.
Fee-based Support. Fee-based support is available
under separate contract, either from Golden Code Development directly,
or through IBM Global Services. IBM Global Services can provide level 1
and 2 support for this product in many countries, backed by level 3
defect support from Golden Code Development. Golden Code provides:
- maintenance of custom build lines for individual customers;
- unlimited level 3 defect support;
- guaranteed response time for problem reports;
- an alert service to notify customers proactively of any
substantive defects in the product, especially security flaws,
discovered by Golden Code or by Sun Microsystems;
- on-site assistance for defect support, deployment, planning,
application development consulting
- phone access, off-hours support, defined escalation paths for
- maintenance of customers' environments at our labs for problem
recreation and proactive regression testing.
Golden Code Development can also provide deployment, planning, and
application development services.
contact Golden Code Development directly for further information
about our support contract options.